The transfer and withdrawal policy applies to all students. JE College manages students’ requests for coursetransfers or withdrawal from courses in a fair and acceptable manner.
The College considers requests from students for transfers to another course within the College as ‘Transfer‘.
Requests for transfer to other schools are treated as ‘withdrawals‘.
The College also considers requests for deferments for a specified period of time.
After enrolment, any request for transfer from one course to another or from one intake to another (deferment) must be in writing and is subject to the approval of the management of the College and by paying an administrative fee. A transfer or deferment form must be obtained from the administrator and duly completed.
After enrolment, any request for transfer from one course to another (Transfer) or from one intake to another (deferment) (inapplicable to the international Student) must be in writing and is subject to the approval of the management of the College and by paying an administrative fee of (local & Non-STP Student $50, STP Student $100) each time. JECollege’S ‘Transfer Form’ or ‘Deferment Form’ can be obtained from the administrator and duly completed.
A Student who transfers from the Course to another course within JE College shall be deemed to have withdrawn from the Course as otherwise agreed between JE College and the student.
A student who wishes to transfer from one course to another within JE College must complete the Transfer Form, which is obtainable from the Administrative staff.
The request will be considered by the management. The application will only be considered if the student meets all the pre-requisites of the new course.
The respective staff will inform the student of the outcome of the request for transfer within 7 days.
The decision of the management is final.
In the event that the student’s application is approved, he/she will be deemed to have withdrawn without cause from the previous course and the student will not be eligible for any refund of course fees paid for the previous course.
The international student will have to submit a new application for a Student’s Pass, on the understanding that this new application is subject to ICA approval.
A reapplication fee and book material fee are applicable for successfully transfer course within JE College .
A Student who withdraws from JE College to enrol with another Private Education Institution shall be deemed to have withdrawn from JE College.
Refund policies do not apply. The College categorizes withdrawals as withdrawals with cause or withdrawals without cause. Requests by students for transfer to other schools are considered withdrawals, and are treated accordingly.
A student who wishes to withdraw must do so by completing the Withdrawal Form, obtainable from the Administrative staff.
The request will be considered by the management. Student will be informed of the outcome of his/ her request within 7 working days.
A student who withdraws from the course with cause is entitled to a refund in accordance with the College’s refund policy. A student who withdraws from the course for any other reason is deemed to have withdrawn from the course without cause.
DEFERMENT (applicable only to Local and Non-STP students)
Students can apply for deferment for personal reasons such as health and bereavement of parents or siblings. Application is to be made on prescribed form (Deferment Form) with the supporting documents. The refund policies do not apply. The form is obtainable from the Administrative staff.
The following conditions apply to any deferral of studies:
• The student must state his/ her reason for wishing to defer his/ her studies, as well as the period of deferment.
• A student is only allowed to defer once per course of study. The period of deferment cannot be subsequently extended. The period of deferral cannot exceed 12 months. If the deferment period exceeds one year, it is considered as a Withdrawal Case. Withdrawal policies apply.
• Any course fee that had been paid by the student will be retained by the College, towards the payment of course fees when the student rejoins the course. If the student does not rejoin the course within the stipulated period for any reason, there will be no refund for any course fee paid. The student will be required to pay any difference in the College fees, if there is a revision in College fees during his period of deferment.
• When the student resumes his/ her course of study, he/ she may be required to purchase a new set of materials, if the course materials have changed.
• The College does not guarantee that the same course will be available when the period of deferment is completed. In the event of the course being unavailable, the student may request a transfer to another course, subject to the approval of the management. If there is no suitable course, the student will be considered to have withdrawn without cause from the course, and be subject to the procedures resulting from a withdrawal without cause.
• The administrative staff will inform the student of the outcome of the request for deferment within 7 days. The decision of the management is final.
• For the request of deferment, an administrative charge of S$50 applies.
• When students defer from the course for less than a year; students have to pay an administrative fee of S$50 and they are allowed to continue with the course. When students defer for more than a year, only withdrawal policy applies.
Time Frame for handling transfer, withdrawal and Deferment
For any student transfer/ withdrawal/ deferment request, JE College will take the maximum 7 working days for assessing and replying to student.
Review of Transfer, Withdrawal, Deferment Policies
The College’s policies for transfer, withdrawal and deferment are regularly reviewed and updated by the management, with a view to addressing shortcomings in the process and improving the system, and enhancing the welfare and wellbeing of its students.