1. Immigration Matters
– As an international student, he/ she needs to apply for a Student Pass to study full-time in an EduTrust certified PEI in Singapore such as JE Educational College.
– They will study on a Social Visit Pass if they intend to take up a short course. However, the course must start and finish within the validity of the 30-day Social Visit Pass.
– There are two ways to go about applying for a Student Pass. The school may submit an application on their behalf or the school may give them a log-in ID for application of their Student Pass via the Student Pass OnLine Application & Registration (SOLAR +) system at ICA.
– New applications can be submitted at least one month before the course commencement date. Applicants are advised to apply for a Student Pass before arriving in Singapore as no extension of stay will be granted while an application is being processed.
2. Airport Reception
– Students may have to produce their Passport and IPA (In-Principle Approval Letter)/ Approval Letter from the Immigration Checkpoints Authority (ICA) when they pass through the Immigration Department.
– Students could be able to make arrangement with JE College staff to fetch them upon arrival at Singapore. Prior to coming to Singapore, new students will receive the contact number of the staff from the College so that they can get in touch with the College’s helpful staff when they face any problems at the airport.
– Airplanes fly into Singapore’s heavily trafficked Changi International Airport. There is a wide choice of public buses, taxi services and MRT from the Changi Airport to the city and different places in Singapore. For information on Changi International Airport, please click here.
3. Completing Immigration Procedure
– Upon receipt of a complete application, it takes two to four weeks for ICA to process the application. After receiving their In-Principle Approval letter, they are ready to come to Singapore.
– To obtain Student’s Pass, student is supposed to bring along the In-Principle Approval letter, his/ her original travel document (passport) showing that they have valid stay in Singapore, the white Embarkation/Disembarkation card, results of medical examination certified in the designated medical report and any other document stipulated in the letter to the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
Address of ICA:
ICA Building, 10 Kallang Road, Singapore 208718
(Located next to Lavender MRT station)
Weekdays: 8.00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturdays: 8.00 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays.
Note: For matters relating to industry attachment, students should approach the Ministry of Manpower (MOM).
4. Student Pass Application
A. New Application to enrol into JE College
– New applications must be submitted at least 1 month and not more than 2 months from the course commencement date via the Student’s Pass Online Application & Registration+ (SOLAR+) system. The new applicant can complete and submit the International Student Enrolment Form together with the Application Fee S$ 330 (which is subject to change with or without prior notice). Upon approval of Student Pass, a S$30 Student Pass processing fee is to be made payable to ICA. New applications by PRC nationals, who are above 19 years old (e.g. passed their 19th birthday at the time their applications are submitted to ICA) may be routed to the Singapore Embassy in Beijing (where an interview with the applicant may be required) for processing before routing to ICA for assessment.
– Applicants are not required to be present in Singapore while their applications are being considered. Hence, no extension of stay will be considered while the applications are under processing.
– Successful applicants may enter Singapore to complete the formalities after their applications have been approved. They will be issued Student Pass within 1 month from the commencement date of the program.
B. Documents Required From Applicant to be submitted to JE College
– 1 recent passport-size photographs (colour/black & white);
– Applicant’s Official Birth Certificate (photocopy);
– Applicant’s highest education certificates and result transcripts (photocopy). In cases where a Notarised Certificate is submitted, a copy of the education certificates and result transcripts must still be included;
– Copies of personal particular pages of applicant’s travel document (photocopy);
– If the applicant is from the visa-required countries, documentary proof of financial ability in the form of bank statements/fixed deposit accounts/saving accounts (photocopy) is also required;
– Successful applicants are required to produce all the original copies of their basic and supporting documents for verification when collecting the Student Pass at ICA;
C. Security Deposit
Students who are above 18 years of age will be required to place a Security Deposit with ICA for the period of study. The amount of Security Deposit can be seen in the table below:
|Country||Form of Security Deposit||Rate per person|
|Bangladesh, Myanmar, People’s Republic of China & India||Banker’s Guarantee from any established banks in Singapore||S$5,000|
|Indonesia, Philippines & Thailand||Banker’s Guarantee from any established banks in Singapore||S$1,000|
Exemption from the requirement to furnish a security deposit
• Malaysians/Brunei nationals;
• Holders of valid Dependant Pass;
• Long term Social Visit Pass and Work Pass;
• Children of Singapore Citizens/Permanent Residents;
D. Upon approval of Student Pass
Once the Student Pass has been approved, the following will take place:
i. ICA Approval Letter
ICA will send an official letter to inform JE College about the approval of Student Pass application. Students are encouraged to arrive in Singapore at least one day before commencement of their course.
ii. Before Departure
• Before departure, students will need to arrange the following:
• Return air ticket to Singapore (entry visa may be required)
• Airport pickup
• The College’s telephone contacts
iii. Upon Arrival
Once student arrives in Singapore, he/ she is supposed to do the following:
Report to JE College to collect the ICA IPA/ Approval letter; they will also be required to attend the orientation for their program, organized by JE College.
Medical Examination: If applicant is new, they need to go through a medical examination. Arrange to go for Medical Examination at any of the approved GPs in Singapore. The doctor must record and certify the results of the medical examination in the designated medical report form (which students can obtain from JE College). The medical report should be issued within three months from the submission date of their application.
They will be examined on the following:
• Cardiovascular System
• Respiratory System
• TB (Chest X-ray) to test for any evidence of active TB detected
The Clinical Examination may be done in Singapore by any registered General Practitioner (GP). Medical report will be ready in 2 to 3 workings days.
Collection of Student’s Pass: Once the student has collected his/ her medical report and confirmed that they have passed the medical examination, they may proceed to collect their Student Pass from ICA. When the College makes E-Appointment with ICA, the College pays the ICA processing fees and Student Pass issuance fees, on behalf of the student to ICA.
Application fee is payable upon registration/ application of the course. The course fee and other fees payable can be settled when the Student Pass is approved by ICA. Students can make payment by NETS, Cash, Credit Card or Telegraphic Transfer (TT). 3% of the fee will be charged upon Credit Card Payment.
F. Authorised Students Recruitment Agents
Interested applicants can approach the Students Recruitment Agents in their country authorised by JE College. These agents have been carefully selected and briefed by the College to provide reliable information and service. The agent recruitment selection is based on
• official business registration with the relevant government authorities;
• good track record; and/or
• recommendation from the relevant government authority;
Please note that authorised agents should possess a Certificate of Appointment issued by JE College. Please request from the agent to look at the certificate. Students may also check with JE College on the authorised agents. Students are encouraged to report to JE College if they find out any agents who have not been authorised by JE College.
The authorised agents are prohibited by JE College from using hard sell or any unethical sales tactics. Students can report to JE College if any agent is behaving unethically or have misrepresented the College in any ways.
G. Orientation Programme
JE normally provides students with Orientation Programme which typically covers:
• Orientation to eateries, public transport system, banks, Money Changers etc;
• Orientation to the College;
• Orientation to course, JE policies and student support services;
• Medical check-up and opening bank account assistance;
• Information on collection of Student Pass;
• Introducing with classmates;