JE College has a transparent and fair refund policy for all fee payment made.
Timeframe for Refund
The College honours the refund policies promptly within the stipulated time frame and conditions. All refund requests are processed within 7 working days. (i.e. submission of Withdrawal/ Refund Form with administrative fees and necessary documentation)
Communication of Refund policies and procedures
Our refund policy is evidently communicated and highlighted in Standard JE-Student Contract, Student Handbook, notice board and also can be found on JE College’s website.
The College is committed to brief the students on refund policy during pre-course counseling, before signing the Advisory Note and Standard PEI-Contract.
Upon registration, students are briefed on refund policy during orientation.
Records of refund granted are kept and made available as and when required by CPE and/or relevant governmental agencies.
Review of Refund Policy
The College regularly reviews the refund policy to ensure that it remains fair to all students.
Refund requirements by students
Students are required to abide by the refund policy specified on the Course Enrolment Form and Standard Student Contract.
Refund for Withdrawal for Cause
The Student shall be entitled to immediately withdraw from the Course in the following circumstances:
• JE College fails, for any reason, to commence the course on the course commencement date;
• JE College terminates the course, for any reason, prior to the course commencement date;
• JE College fails, for any reason, to complete the course by the course completion date;
• JE College terminates the course, for any reason, prior to course completion date; or
• The Student Pass application is rejected by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
JE College shall, within (7) working days of notifying the Student of above circumstances, provide the Student with information and details of the alternative confirmed course arrangement to allow the Student make timely and appropriate decision on the alternative arrangement. The student shall be entitled to immediately withdraw from the Course by giving notice to JE Educational College of his/her intention to do so if JE College is in breach of any of its obligations under the above circumstances. (less any applicable bank administrative charges properly):
For the above circumstances JE College shall within seven (7) working days after notifying the Student refund to the student:
(i) Entire amount of the Course fees
(ii) Miscellaneous fees (if applicable)
Amount of fees to be refunded: Entire amount of the Course fees and any miscellaneous fees paid, less 3rd party charges (e.g. insurance charges, bank charges for sending money back to students); Application fee is non-refundable.
Refunds for Withdrawal Without Cause
Where the Student withdraws from the Course for any reason other than the above causes or Force Majeure (ref: Standard Student Contract), JE College shall as soon as practicable after receiving the Student’s written notice of withdrawal (and in any event no more than seven (7) working days after receiving such notice), refund to the Student the following sums (less any applicable bank administrative charges properly paid/payable under Fee Protection Scheme).
|% of the aggregate amount of the Course Fees and Additional Fees paid||If Student’s written notice of withdrawal is received|
|50%||More than 21 days before the Commencement Date|
|20%||Before, but not more than 21 days before the Commencement Date|
|0%||After the Commencement Date|
The College will initiate, of its own accord, the refund procedure for all affected students where it is clear that a refund is due to them, e.g. cancellation of a course.
Amount of fees to be refunded: The amount refunded is based on when the Student’s written notice of withdrawal is received, as indicated above, less any 3rd party charges; Application fee and Bank administrative fee are non-refundable as bank administrative fee is imposed by the bank.
JE College shall provide Students with a cooling-off period of (7) working days after signing the CPE Standard PEI-Student Contract.
Amount of fees to be refunded: The maximum % of course fees and miscellaneous fees will be refunded, less any administrative charges which are stipulated in the Miscellaneous fees and any applicable bank administrative charges properly paid/ payable.
• Course Application fee and Bank administrative fee are non-refundable as bank administrative fee is imposed by the bank.
• In the event that JE College is unable to commence the class after 3 months, a full refund will be made to the student. However, in this circumstance, if student withdraws within 3 months, normal refund policy applies.
• All requests for refunds arising from withdrawals and change of course must be accompanied with original fully completed hardcopy Withdrawal Form (available in the website and from the person-in-charge of the course) with relevant supporting documentary proof.
• Approval for refund will be granted on a case-by-case basis and it is at the discretion of the management.
• Any administrative charges imposed by the bank will be payable by the student and the amount deducted from the refund amount payable to the student.
Terms and conditions for refund:
The refund policies do not apply:
– when students are asked to leave the College because of disciplinary matters;
– when students violate the laws of Singapore;
– when students do not fulfill the terms and conditions of Student Pass;
– when students breach the Standard Student Contract;
– when students leaving the College do not return the Student Pass for cancellation within 3 days;