The Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) serves to protect students’ fees in the event of a PEI (Private Education Institution) being unable to continue operations due to insolvency and/or regulatory closure. It was first launched as the Student Protection Scheme (SPS) initiated by CaseTrust and it has been replaced with FPS (Fee Protection Scheme) under EduTrust. PEIs which are EduTrust-certified can collect a maximum of 12 months of fees from students, and these fees have to be protected.
In full compliance with the EduTrust guidelines set by CPE (Committee for Private Education), JE Educational College provides fee protection for the fees paid by our students in the form of an Insurance Protection Scheme. JE’s FPS is applicable to all students who are enrolled in any of our courses and pay FPS fee.
Please refer to the Committee for Private Education website www.cpe.gov.sg for more information.
• Loss of ‘Course Fees’ by Insured Student due to Insolvency or Regulatory Closure of PEI;
• Failure of PEI to pay Sum awarded by Singapore Courts to Insured Student;
• Death by Accident or Total Permanent Disability by Accident of Insured Student;
EduTrust-certified PEIs are required to adopt the Fee Protection Scheme to provide full protection to all fees paid by their students as required under the EduTrust Certification Scheme. JE College has chosen to adopt the ‘Insurance Scheme’ to provide fee protection to all the local and international students.
All fees refer to all monies paid by the students to be enrolled, excluding the course ‘Application Fee’, ‘Agent Commission Fee’ (if applicable), and ‘Miscellaneous Fees’ which are non-compulsory and non-standard fees paid only when necessary or where applicable).
All fees: It refers to all monies that are paid by the student to be enrolled in the College except for the course ‘Application Fee’ and ‘Agent Commission Fee’ (if applicable).
Application Fee: It refers to the fee the student pay the College for the sole purpose of processing the application form submitted so that the College can check if the student meets the course admission requirements. (Not refundable and not protected)
Agent Commission Fee: If the student is registered through the College-appointed Student Recruitment Agent, the % of course fees agreed will be transferred to the Agent upon student’s commencement of the course.
Miscellaneous Fees: There is another type of fee payable which is referred to as ‘Miscellaneous Fees’. It refers to any non-compulsory and non-standard fee which the students will pay only when necessary or applicable. Such fee is normally collected on an ad-hoc basis by the College when the need arises. The Miscellaneous fees need not be protected but they will be reflected clearly in the Student Contract. (Not refundable and not protected)
The following are the ‘Miscellaneous fees’ likely to be collected by JE:
• Administrative Fee for Transfer of Course
• Administrative Fee for Deferment of Course
• Additional FPS fee (For deferment of course)
• Additional FPS fee (For Transfer of course)
• Administrative Fee for Examination Result Appeal request (Internal Examination)
• Administrative Fee for Examination Result Appeal request (External Examination)
• Admission Exercise for International Students (AEIS) Registration Fee
• Singapore-Cambridge GCE O Level Examination Registration (5 subjects)
• LCCI Examination Registration
• Administrative and Handling Fees for Examination Registration
• Remittance of Telegraphic Transfer per transaction
• ICA Student Pass Processing Fee
• ICA Student Pass Card Issuance and Multiple Journey Visa Fees
• School Administrative charge for handling STP replacement (due to loss/ damage)
• ICA replacement fee for STP card (due to loss/ damage)
• ICA Security Bond/ Banker’s Guarantee Fee
• Medical Examination Fee
• Late Payment Fee
• Administrative charge for Credit Card Payment
Fees are subject to change but the College ensures that the information is updated and made available to the students, intending students and prospective students within 14 days after the change.
The College will buy insurance at the point when the student pays the course fees to us/ within seven day that the student pays school’s fees to JE. If the money is transferred via e-banking to us, the College will buy the insurance policy within three days. Student will receive a soft copy of the Certificate of Insurance (COI) by email from the operating agent of the insurance provider, and the hardcopy of the Certificate (COI) from JE. Student can inform the College if they do not receive such a certificate.
If student wishes some information about JE’s Fee Protection Scheme, they can check the Approval Letter fromLonpac Insurance Bhd at JE College’s website.
All claims shall be made on the Insurance Provider’s prescribed forms and submitted to them as soon as reasonably possible together with all supporting documents, including the original copy of the receipt issued by JE, and information that they may require.
• Students are advised to check the Insurance Policy Certificate of Student Insurance they will get from the Insurance Provider for insured amounts and period of insurance.
Important notes for Students on Fee Protection Scheme
• Before enrolment, students are advised to check JE’s website to see if it has an Approval Letter from a CPE-appointed Insurance Company.
• When signing of the student contract, check that insurance protection is included in the contract.
• A copy of the Certificate of Insurance (COI) bought in the respective student’s name will be mailed to him/ her by the insurance company.
• Make sure that the amount of fees paid, and not the premium amount, is equal to the amount insured.
• Check that the insurance coverage period starts from the date student paid their fees to JE.
• After student has made the fee payment to JE and received the COI, he/ she can check if the fee has been protected by referring to the CPE website.
Lonpac Insurance Bhd
100 Beach Road
#19-00 Shaw Tower
No double claim
For the avoidance of doubt, if the Student and/or his/her parent/guardian receives any payment from JE or Lonpac Insurance Bhd pursuant to a provision of this Agreement or the Master Insurance Policy in respect of any matter or damage, then the Student and his/her parent/guardian shall not be entitled to claim against JE or Lonpac Insurance Bhd for the same payment in respect of the same matter or damage pursuant to any other provision of this Agreement or the Master Insurance Policy.