1. Level N5: It aims to help students master the basic elements of grammar, to know around 100 Kanji words and 800 words, have the ability to engage in simple conversation and to read and write short simple sentences. The course will focus on the very fundamentals of the language and promote well rounded development in the aspects of reading, writing, listening and speaking.
2. Level N4: This course will enable students to master grammar to a certain level, to know around 300 Kanji and 1500 words, have ability to take part in everyday conversation and to read and write simple sentences. We will focus more on grammar and will touch on the various forms of words.
3. Level N3: This course will enable students to master grammar to a relatively high level, to know around 1000 Kanji and 6000 words, and have the ability to converse, read and write about matters of a general nature. This level continues to build on to the next higher level by reinforcing the grammar forms previously learnt while adding new content in the form of authentic situation, role-plays and topical discussions.
4. Level N2: This course will enable students to master grammar to a high level, to know around 2000 kanji and 10000 words, and have an integrated command of the language sufficient for life in Japanese society, providing a useful base for study at a Japanese university. It will focus on listening skills, reading comprehension passages and cover high level of grammar. Upon completion of this level, 70 – 80% of the grammar will have been covered.
5. Level N1: This is a further advanced level and a continuation of the N2 level and further expands on vocabulary. Reading requiring deep understanding will be covered in this level.
TEACHER-STUDENT RATIO is 1:10
|Minimum Age||Academic qualification||Proficiency Level||Course Outcomes||Duration||Mode of delivery||Awarding Body|
|9 years||Passin P6 level in home country||At least a pass in P6 Level English with an mark of 40||Certificate (issued by Examination Body upon passing the examination)||Part-time: 8 Months||classroom-based teaching with AV facilities||JE Educational College|