Over 75% of households and small businesses have PCs today. More and more people are using computers for education, work and communication. This workshop is intended to help them, as most PCs will suffer breakdown sooner or later. Even if you know how to use a computer well, you will still have to pay a PC technician an average of $100 (not including parts) to get it fixed.
You could, however, save repair and maintenance cost by attending this “DIY COMPUTER MAINTENANCE WORKSHOP.?
You will learn to solve and repair most of your PC problems. You will also learn to maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade your PC.
However, if you would still rather have a technician to service your PC, you will know exactly what is wrong with your computer and will be able to talk “computer ?to technicians using the appropriate PC terminology.
Who should attend?: All PC users.( Adults and students)
• Microprocessors, Motherboards and Power supplies.
• Memory devices
• Input/Output devices
• Operating systems
• Boot sequence
• Drivers & utilities
• Hard disk, floppy, CD ROMs
• Assembly and configuration.
• Application software.
• Troubleshooting Exercises.
TEACHER-STUDENT RATIO is 1:10 / 1:8
|Minimum Age||Academic qualification||Proficiency Level||Course Outcomes||Duration||Mode of delivery||Awarding Body|
|10 years||Primary Education & above with Basic IT knowledge||English at Primary level & above||Certificate||12.5 Hours||IT Room, Illustration, Demonstration, and Hands-on||JE Educational College|
• PRACTICAL EXAM
• COMPUTER BASED EXAMINATION
ASSESSMENT GRADING CRITERIA
• Distinction – 75 Marks and Above
• Pass with credit – 65 to 74
• Pass – 50 to 64
• No outstanding payment due
• Maintain 75% of Attendance of the course duration
• Completed ‘Evaluation Form’ to provide feedback
EXPECTED EXAMINATION RESULTS RELEASE DATE
• 2 weeks after the examination
EXPECTED AWARD CONFERMENT DATE
• within 1 month after successful completion of course