As your business grows, you will appreciate the importance of shared information resources between employees. Computer networking is one of the key ways in which information can be shared to make the business more efficient and profitable. You can cut costs by sharing printers, files, external disks and Internet access. Moreover, a centralized database can improve productivity by allowing two or more staff to deal with different clients simultaneously. Data can also be backed-up from a single point on a scheduled basis. Today, the use of wireless network technology is fast becoming standard in homes and small businesses, that is why knowledge in networking (LAN) is definitely a BIG PLUS.
Training Objectives: To learn about PC networking and it’s environment. To be able to setup, configure and maintain small office and home PC networks.
Who should attend?: All PC users: Students and adults. Those in IT sales, Helpdesk and Office administrators
• Understanding the PC network environment.
• Network components and functions.
• Types of network
• Cabling requirement
• Understanding network protocols
• Design considerations.
• Client/Server networks
• Network configuration and setup
• File, printer and Internet sharing
• Network troubleshooting.
• Introduction to wireless network
• Wireless network setup
TEACHER-STUDENT RATIO is 1:10 / 1:8
|Minimum Age||Academic qualification||Proficiency Level||Course Outcomes||Duration||Mode of delivery||Awarding Body|
|10 years||primary Education & above with Basic IT knowledge||English at Primary Level & above||Certificate||6 Hours||IT Room, Illustration, Demonstration, and Hands-on||JE Educational College|
• PRACTICAL EXAM
• COMPUTER BASED EXAMINATION
ASSESSMENT GRADING CRITERIA
• Distinction – 75 Marks and Above
• Pass with credit – 65 to 74
• Pass – 50 to 64
• No outstanding payment due
• Maintain 75% of Attendance of the course duration
• Completed ‘Evaluation Form’ to provide feedback
EXPECTED EXAMINATION RESULTS RELEASE DATE
• 2 weeks after the examination
EXPECTED AWARD CONFERMENT DATE
• within 1 month after successful completion of course