Primary 2 – 5 : Course Outline
English: Course content conforms strictly to the MOE syllabus. The whole course is very intensive and is conducted in English so as to help students to improve their English proficiency within a short period of time.
Teaching methods are based on the syllabuses and curriculum used by the government schools in Singapore and the textbooks used are selected from MOE-approved publishers.
– The syllabus covers the various aspects and components of knowledge and communication in the syllabus of MOE,
– Sample tests are given to help students prepare for important English Examinations
Skills: Listening, reading, speaking and writing
1. Grammar items: They cover all the essential grammars and gives them a clear ideas of grammatical structures and help lay a strong foundation for good English
2. Composition Writing: Model compositions are given as guidelines to improve and develop their writing skills and to enable them to write more confidently
3. Reading Comprehension passages: to enhance their reading skills and some inferential questions are included to stimulate their thinking
4. Cloze passages
5. Vocabulary: This will help them to improve and increase their vocabulary power
Mathematics: Mathematics lessons and exercises meet the requirements of the syllabuses prescribed by MOE. They help students to excel in the mathematics examinations but also to proceed to study at government schools.
Focus Areas: Whole numbers, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole numbers, fractions, quotient and reminder, tables and graphs, angles, perpendiculars and parallel lines, area and perimeter, decimals, four operations of decimals, measures (length, weight, money, capacity, time) , symmetry, geometrical, and solid figures, volume
TEACHER-STUDENT RATIO is 1:20
|Minimum Age||Academic qualification||Proficiency Level||Course Outcomes||Duration||Mode of delivery||Awarding Body|
|7 – 10 years
(Pri 2 – 5)
|Primary Education||English proficiency at one level below the level the students intend to study||Preparatory Course||Full-time : 6 Months||classroom-based teaching||NA|