This programme aims to equip aspiring students with the knowledge and skills to find employment Students who want to acquire basic knowledge in hospitality and management skills so as to secure specific jobs in management, Students who desire to acquire the required knowledge and skills of the Certificate programme but do not meet the Diploma entry requirements. The course consists of 4 theoretical modules which are conducted face to face over a period of six months as a foundation of hospitality industry. The theoretical modules are as follows:
• Fundamentals of Business Management
• Fundamentals of Marketing
• Fundamentals of Customer Relationship
• Introduction to Hospitality
FUNDAMENTALS OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
• Understand the nature and purpose of business and its needed resources, the accountability of those who own or manage the business.
• Understand the structure and classification of Business.
• Know the business objectives and perspectives of stakeholders.
• Understand the different terms and relevant sources of finance for specific purposes.
• Why is the need of human resource planning and its importance?
• Understand the theory of motivation and how management uses this theory in practice.
FUNDAMENTALS OF MARKETING
• Understand the definition of Marketing and the meaning of marketing in exchange transaction process.
• Explain the importance of Marketing in the integrated business function contributing to the
• How do we identify, target and satisfy customers?
• What is marketing strategy and planning?
FUNDAMENTALS OF CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP
• Understand the importance of Customer Relationship in a business.
• Know the basic relevant marketing approaches and evolutions of them.
• Know how to manage the customer value.
• Know how to improve customer service in order to increase customer retention.
• Understand the role and impact of CRM within a business.
INTRODUCTION TO HOSPITALITY
• Understand the characteristics of the hospitality industry.
• Understand the important role of service in hospitality industry.
• Identify the multiple factors influencing the hospitality industry.
• To know the developments in the hospitality industry, from early beginnings to present.
TEACHER-STUDENT RATIO is 1:30
|Minimum Age||Academic qualification||Proficiency Level||Course Outcomes||Duration||Mode of delivery||Awarding Body|
||Obtain at least 50% marks in JE College English Language Placement Test (equivalent to IELTS 5.0 in reading and writing)||Certificate||FT/PT: 6 Months||classroom based teaching||JE Educational College|
Remark: FT= Full-Time, PT=Part-Time
• WRITTEN TEST/ ASSIGNMENT/ PRESENTATION
• EXAMINATION: 70%
• PARTICIPATION: 15%
• BEHAVIOUR: 15%
ASSESSMENT GRADING CRITERIA
• High Distinction (HD) – 80 Marks and Above
• Distinction (D) – 70 to 79
• Credit (C) – 60 to 69
• Pass (P) – 50 to 59
• Fail (F) – 49 Marks and below
• Attain Minimum “Pass” in all modules
• No outstanding payment due
• Maintain 75% of Attendance of the course duration
• Completed ‘Evaluation Form’ to provide feedback
EXPECTED EXAMINATION RESULTS RELEASE DATE
• 3 weeks after the examination
EXPECTED AWARD CONFERMENT DATE
• within 1 month after successful completion of all modules