This programme aims to equip aspiring students with the knowledge and skills to find employment with junior management prospects in general business or to continue your professional or academic studies in related field. There are 5 modules in this course and are as follows:
•The Business Environment
• Project Managment
THE BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
• Understand the significance of the environment on business activity.
• Understand the structure and organisation of business.
• Understand the competitive and political environment facing business.
• Understand the impact of macro-economic environment on business.
• Understand the influence of the global economy on business.
• Understand the impact of socio-cultural influences and technology on business decisions.
• Understand the framework of financial accounting.
• Know how to prepare and present the financial statements of companies in accordance with internationally generally accepted accounting practice (IGAAP) under international Financial Reporting Standards.
• Know how to prepare Statement of Comprehensive income, Statements of Financial Position, Statement of Changes in Equality and Statements of Cash Flows.
• Know how to analyse and interpret financial statements for a range of users.
• Know how to prepare and present consolidated financial statements in accordance with IGAAP.
• Understand the capital structure and gearing of a business.
• Understand the importance of organisational behaviour in successfully managing a dynamic environment.
• Understand the individual’s contribution to organisational behaviour and performance by recognising the importance of personality, perception, attitudes and learning.
• Understand motivation, the various content and process theories and their implications for management and job re-design approaches to improve motivation.
•Understand about job satisfaction and its relationship to job performance together with stress, frustration reactions and the necessary management action to overcome them.
• Understand the nature, skill, significance and effectiveness of groups in organisations.
• Understand leadership theories and examine the key variables that determine the effectiveness of leadership in practice.
• Understand the nature of conflict and various approaches to securing conflict resolution.
• Understand formal and informal communication processes and networks, and examine the potential barriers to effective communications.
• Understand the creative nature of marketing and know how to evaluate the role and value of marketing in a variety of business contexts.
• Understand the marketing mix concept (7Ps) and its role in the formulation of an integrated marketing plan in both domestic and international markets.
•Know how to formulate and evaluate marketing plans at domestic and international levels.
• Understand the role of information and research in marketing decision making and the influence technology has had on these activities in recent years.
• Understand the macro and micro environmental factors affecting marketing decisions and how to conduct environmental scanning and external audits.
• Understand consumer and organisational buyer behaviour and the main influences at individual, household and organisational level.
• Understand segmentation targeting and positioning tools and techniques and be able to develop and implement STP strategies in an appropriate and creative manner.
• The Project management is an extended piece of work requiring empirical fieldwork and the gathering of primary data.
TEACHER-STUDENT RATIO is 1:20
|Minimum Age||Academic qualification||Proficiency Level||Course Outcomes||Duration||Mode of delivery||Awarding Body|
|17 years||Obtained at least a C6 at GCE O Level in any three subjects OR Completed high school education OR A Diploma in any field OR a Certificate in Business field||A pass in Sec 2 level in Chinese in home country or minimum 9 years of formal education in Chinese||Diploma||Part-time: 6 months||classroom||JE Educational College|