This programme aims to equip aspiring students with a sound foundation for understanding contemporary business issues, Understand concepts in Marketing, Develop skills to analyze real world business issues, Demonstrate enhanced capability in analytical, diagnostic, investigative and writing skills. There are 4 modules in this course and are as follows:
• Business Communication
• Principles of Accounting
• Organisational Behaviour
• Enable to demonstrate an awareness of their own values, dispositions, and communication styles through their personal and professional communication.
• Enable to demonstrate economic, political, legal, ethical, and socially aware strategies in their communications with both local and global audiences.
• Utilize a systems perspective to optimize organizational, community, and global communication.
• Employ critical-thinking skills in selecting communication strategies that are appropriate considering the diversity of the audience.
• Examine communication strategies necessary to promote social change.
PRINCIPALS OF ACCOUNTING
• Applying the double entry system of recording business transactions
• Organising and presenting accounting information in ledger accounts and financial statements
• Analysing the effects of accounting transactions on financial statements
• Analysing and interpreting financial statements
• Evaluating businesses for their profitability, liquidity and inventory management using financial information and ratios
• Understand the importance of organisational behaviour in successfully managing a dynamic environment.
• Understand the individual’s contribution to organisational behaviour and performance by recognising the importance of personality, perception, attitudes and learning.
• Understand motivation, the various content and process theories and their implications for management and job re-design approaches to improve motivation.
•Understand about job satisfaction and its relationship to job performance together with stress, frustration reactions and the necessary management action to overcome them.
• Understand the nature, skill, significance and effectiveness of groups in organisations.
• Understand leadership theories and examine the key variables that determine the effectiveness of leadership in practice.
• Understand the nature of conflict and various approaches to securing conflict resolution.
• Understand formal and informal communication processes and networks, and examine the potential barriers to effective communications.
• Understand the creative nature of marketing and know how to evaluate the role and value of marketing in a variety of business contexts.
• Understand the marketing mix concept (7Ps) and its role in the formulation of an integrated marketing plan in both domestic and international markets.
•Know how to formulate and evaluate marketing plans at domestic and international levels.
• Understand the role of information and research in marketing decision making and the influence technology has had on these activities in recent years.
• Understand the macro and micro environmental factors affecting marketing decisions and how to conduct environmental scanning and external audits.
• Understand consumer and organisational buyer behaviour and the main influences at individual, household and organisational level.
• Understand segmentation targeting and positioning tools and techniques and be able to develop and implement STP strategies in an appropriate and creative manner.
TEACHER-STUDENT RATIO is 1:20
|Minimum Age||Academic qualification||Proficiency Level||Course Outcomes||Duration||Mode of delivery||Awarding Body|
|17 years||Obtained at least a C6 in any 3 subjects at GCE O Level or Completed High School education||A pass in Sec 2 level in English in home country OR completion of English Language Placement test with at least 40% marks in JE College||Diploma||Part-time: 6 months||classroom||JE Educational College|