This programme aims to equip aspiring students with a sound foundation for understanding contemporary business issues, Understand concepts in management, Develop skills to analyze real world business issues, Demonstrate enhanced capability in analytical, diagnostic, investigative and writing skills. There are 6 modules in this course and are as follows:
•Human Resource Management
•Strategic Marketing Management
•Managing in Organisations
•Managing the Customer Relationship
• Management Accounting
•Project and Research Management
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
• Understand the importance of a professional approach to HRM as an essential means for optimising the performance and commitment of an organisation’s employees.
• Understand the roles of effective and efficient people resourcing (planning, recruitment and selection) in securing a workforce with the requisite knowledge, skills and attitudes, enabling them to contribute to organisational goals.
• Understand the theory and practice related to the full range of HRM functions (learning, performance management, reward/recognition and employee relations).
• Understand the content and significance of key development in the HRM arena, especially High Performance Working (HPW), employee engagement, employer branding, and self-managed learning.
STRATEGIC MARKETING MANAGEMENT
• Understand the broad concepts and processes of strategic development and marketing planning and the associated theoretical models and frameworks.
• Understand the importance of strategic marketing analysis and research and how today’s global, dynamic, and highly competitive business environment influences the process of strategic development and marketing planning.
• Understand how organisations determine their strategic direction and know how to identify and evaluate the various ways in which this can be achieved.
• Understand how to implement, measure and control strategic marketing plans.
• Understand how strategic marketing can be applied to a range of business contexts including the small to medium-sized sector.
• Understand the impact that technological advances have on strategic marketing and be able to incorporate such advances into strategic marketing plans.
MANAGING IN ORGANISATIONS
• Be able to compare and evaluate alternative approaches to organisation theory.
• Understand the key elements in organisation structure and design.
• Understand managerial processes within an organisational context.
• Understand the concepts of organisational strategy and organisational goals and their relationship to organisational effectiveness and efficiency.
• Understand the need for organisational responsiveness to ensure continued effectiveness in the light of external/internal pressures.
• Understand the processes of organisational change and organisational development.
MANAGING THE CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP
• Understand the contribution Customer service makes to achieving organisational objectives.
• Know how to improve customer service performance in an organisation.
• Know how to manage the customer interface.
• Know how to improve customer service levels in specific contextual settings.
• Understand the role and impact of front-line staff in the delivery of customer service.
• This unit introduces the use of accounting information for management planning and decision making. Topics covered will include the different types of costing and costing analysis. In addition, budgeting and control is also be included
PROJECT AND RESEARCH MANAGEMENT
• The unit aims to give learners a critical understanding of the preliminary stages of a project; and research management and is an extended piece of work requiring empirical fieldwork and the gathering of primary data and critical understanding of the preliminary stages of a project; how to analyse the project work.
TEACHER-STUDENT RATIO is 1:20
|Minimum Age||Academic qualification||Proficiency Level||Course Outcomes||Duration||Mode of delivery||Awarding Body|
|18 years||A Diploma in Business related field or Any Diploma with minimum 2 years working experience in related field||A pass (C6) in GCE O Level English OR completion of English Language Placement test with at least 60% marks in JE College.||Advanced Diploma||Part-time: 6 months||classroom||JE Educational College|