This programme aims to equip aspiring students with the knowledge and skills to find employment Students who want to acquire basic knowledge of business and management skills so as to secure specific jobs in management such as marketing co-coordinator, Students who desire to acquire the required knowledge and skills of the Diploma programme but do not meet the Diploma entry requirements.
There are 4 modules in this course and are as follows:
– Fundamental Business Management
– Fundamentals of Business Communication
– Fundamentals of Customer relationship
– Fundamentals of Marketing
FUNDAMENTAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
• Understand the nature and purpose of business and its needed resources, the accountability of those who own or manage the business.
• Understand the structure and classification of Business.
• Know the business objectives and perspectives of stakeholders.
• Understand the different terms and relevant sources of finance for specific purposes.
• Why is the need for human resource planning and its importance?
•Understand the theory of motivation and how management uses this theory in practice.
FUNDAMENTALS OF BUSINESS COMMUNICATION
• Understand communication process and the different types of communication
• Be able to understand basic office etiquette
• Understand and practice written communication like business letters
• Be able to practice public speaking skills with general presentation
FUNDAMENTALS OF CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP
• Understand why do we need customers
• Be able to manage and generate a customer focused solution
• Understand the characteristics of excellent customer relationship skills
• Be able to understand the problems faced in customer relationship
FUNDAMENTALS OF MARKETING
• Understand the definition of Marketing and the meaning of marketing in exchange transaction process.
• Explain the importance of Marketing in the integrated business function contributing to the
• How do we identify, target and satisfy customers? .
• What is marketing strategy and planning?
• Understand and explain the key elements the marketing mix.
• Understand the opportunity and threats of internal and external environment.
• Understand and explain how internal and external relationships could affect business and the importance of networking in developing and enhancing business relationships.
• Explain how to develop and maintain effective and efficient customer service to better foster
long term customer loyalty.
TEACHER-STUDENT RATIO is 1:30
|Minimum Age||Academic qualification||Proficiency Level||Course Outcomes||Duration||Mode of delivery||Awarding Body|
|16 years||Completed GCE O Level OR Completed formal Secondary school Education in home country||Obtain at least 50% marks in Stanfort Academy English Language Placement Test (equivalent to IELTS 5.0 in reading and writing)||Certificate||FT/ PT: 6 Months||Classroom||Stanfort Academy|
Remark: FT= Full-Time, PT=Part-Time
• WRITTEN TEST/ ASSIGNMENT/ PRESENTATION
• EXAMINATION: 70%
• PARTICIPATION: 15%
• BEHAVIOUR: 15%
ASSESSMENT GRADING CRITERIA
• High Distinction (HD) – 80 Marks and Above
• Distinction (D) – 70 to 79
• Credit (C) – 60 to 69
• Pass (P) – 50 to 59
• Fail (F) – 49 Marks and below
• Attain Minimum “Pass” in all modules
• No outstanding payment due
• Maintain 75% of Attendance of the course duration
• Completed ‘Evaluation Form’ to provide feedback
EXPECTED EXAMINATION RESULTS RELEASE DATE
• 3 weeks after the examination
EXPECTED AWARD CONFERMENT DATE
• within 1 month after successful completion of all modules