This programme aims to equip aspiring students with the knowledge and skills to find employment Students who want to acquire basic knowledge of business and management skills so as to secure specific jobs in management such as marketing co-coordinator, Students who desire to acquire the required knowledge and skills of the Diploma programme but do not meet the Diploma entry requirements.
There are 4 modules in this course and are as follows:
– Fundamental Business Management
– Business Mathematics
– Introduction to Accounting
– Fundamentals of Marketing
FUNDAMENTAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
• Understand the nature and purpose of business and its needed resources, the accountability of those who own or manage the business.
• Understand the structure and classification of Business.
• Know the business objectives and perspectives of stakeholders.
• Understand the different terms and relevant sources of finance for specific purposes.
• Why is the need for human resource planning and its importance?
•Understand the theory of motivation and how management uses this theory in practice.
•Understand the rules of numeracy and how to apply in calculations.
•Able to construct and use Graphs, Charts and Diagrams.
• Understand and application of statistical methods.
• Understand and application of Laws of Probability.
INTRODUCTION TO ACCOUNTING
• Understand the nature and scope of Accounting.
• What are double entry bookkeeping entries and how to prepare a trial balance that reflects any adjustments necessary in the finance of a business.
• Understand and prepare a set of final annual accounts, with the necessary adjustments for a sole proprietor, a private limited company or a partnership.
•Understand the term of cash flow and the need for cash flow statement.
• Able to interpret financial ratio analysis of a company’s accounts.
• What are the different elements of cost?
• Understand the concept of budgeting and budgetary control and its importance.
FUNDAMENTALS OF MARKETING
• Understand the definition of Marketing and the meaning of marketing in exchange transaction process.
• Explain the importance of Marketing in the integrated business function contributing to the
• How do we identify, target and satisfy customers? .
• What is marketing strategy and planning?
• Understand and explain the key elements the marketing mix.
• Understand the opportunity and threats of internal and external environment.
• Understand and explain how internal and external relationships could affect business and the importance of networking in developing and enhancing business relationships.
• Explain how to develop and maintain effective and efficient customer service to better foster
long term customer loyalty.
TEACHER-STUDENT RATIO is 1:30
|Minimum Age||Academic qualification||Proficiency Level||Course Outcomes||Duration||Mode of delivery||Awarding Body|
|16 years||Completed GCE O Level OR Completed formal Secondary school Education in home country||Secondary 2 or equivalent with a pass in Mandarin or Completed year 9 in mandarin||Certificate||FT:3 Months
PT: 4 Months
|Classroom||JE Educational College|